The International Committee of the International Association of Medieval and Modern Period Mediterranean Ceramics (Association Internationale pour l’Étude des Céramiques Médiévales et Modernes en Méditerranée : AIECM3) during its meeting in Athens decided on the following:
- To extend the congress for one day, due to the significant interest that its announcement has produced and the great number of applied proposals for communications and posters. Therefore, the Congress will be held on 21-27 October 2018. More specifically, on Sunday evening, the 21st of October 2018, the registrations’ confirmation will take place at the Center for the Study of Modern Pottery (4–6 Melidoni str., metro line 1, Thissio station; potterymuseum.gr). On the following day, Monday, the 22nd of October 2018, the congress will officially begin at the Great Hall of the main building of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (30, Panepistimiou str., metro line 2, Panepistimio station; www.uoa.gr); from Tuesday, the 23rd of October until Saturday, the 27thOctober 2018, the congress will be held at the National Hellenic Research Foundation (48, Vassileos Konstantinou Av., metro line 3, station Evangelismos; www.eie.gr). On Wednesday, the 24th of October 2018, an excursion toThebes and Chalkis is organized for the participants who have already made a reservation.
- To propose a variety of registration fees, depending on the wish of the participants to receive the Proceedings or not, their being students or not, their being members of the AIECM3 or not, etc.
Therefore, the registration fees have been fixed as follows:
- 80 euros for participants, non AIECM3 members with Proceedings.
- 50 euros for participants, non AIECM3 members without Proceedings.
- 50 euros for participants, AIECM3 members with Proceedings.
- 25 euros for participants, AIECM3 members without Proceedings.
- 50 euros for participants, students with Proceedings.
- 25 euros for participants, students without Proceedings.
In case of oral communications or posters with more than one author willing to attend the Congress, participants are kindly requested to individually pay the registrationfees and fill in the Registration Form, if they have not already done it, in order that the Organizing Committee know the exact number of participants who will attend the Congress as well as take part in the excursion.
Payments should be transferred by the 10th of September 2018 to the following bank account:
Account name: The National Hellenic Research Foundation
IBAN/Account Number: GR61 0140 3620 3620 0210 1043 047
BIC/SWIFT CODE: CRBAGRAA
Bank name: ALPHA BANK Branch code: 362
Please, do take care that your name and surname is written on the statement receipt, together with the code name “12AIECM3”.
Bank charges for the transfer must be paid from the participants.
Of course, even with the minimum registration cost, the participants will receive the Program, the Abstracts and any additional information material. They will have the right to attend all sessions, to enter receptions, exhibitions, and museums and to participate in the excursion to Thebes and Chalkis. With the exception of Wednesday the 24th, when a light lunch will be provided to the participants in Chalkis, all accommodation and food expenses will be covered by the participants.
- To set a maximum duration of strictly 20 minutes for the oral communications. The discussion on the presentations will not exceed 20 minutes as well. The lecturers are kindly recommended by the International Committee to prepare the texts of their PowerPoint presentations in English.
- To define the Posters’ format, because of their significant number, to A1 (841 Χ 594 mm along the vertical axis). Posters must be printed by participants.
Finally, the Organizing Committee has received and proposes the following offers from hotels near the Congress venues:
Address: 6-8 Mitropoleos & 12 Nikis Str.,
Phone: +302103229431 – 3,
Web site: www.arethusahotel.gr:
64 euros one bed room, 80 euros two bed room & 92 euros three-bed room.
Address: 6 Herefontos & Thalous Str., Plaka
70 euros one bed room, 75 euros two bed room
–Athens Way hotel,
Address: 17 Arachovis Str.,
75 euros one bed room, 85 euros two bed room
Address: 99 Vas. Sofias Ave.
65 euros one bed room, 75 euros two bed room
Especially for the «Athinais hotel» the code word «AIECM3» should be use for the reservations by the lecturers or the participants of the congress for the above prices.
Address: 4 Heronda Str.,
Phone: +30 210 7241408
Fax:+30 210 7234871
40 euros one/two bed room
Finally, Delice Hotel Apartments, Nefeli Hotel, Omiros Hotel, are also recommended.
In addition to the above, a great number of hotels, hostels, rent apartments, with reasonable prices are also available in Athens, through research to the internet.
Further information concerning the Congress will be included in the 3rd Circular.
We inform you that the Congress website is already available at the following address: aiecm3athens2018.arch.uoa.gr
We are looking forward to seeing you in Athens!